How can I help my husband become a resident of the U.S.? 3 Answers as of April 29, 2011

I am currently 20 years old and I would like to help my husband get his green card. He came to the U.S., illegally, 20 years ago. He has never returned to his native country and has a clean record. What do I have to do to help him become a resident or get his green card?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Arrange for a consultation with a local immigration attorney to determine whether you may have some chance to adjust his status. (The answer, unfortunately, may be no due to his illegal status.)
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 4/29/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Please make an appointment with a competent immigration attorney to fully analyze his case. Where is he from; how did he enter; what is the status of his parents/siblings/kids; has he been a crime victim- all of these will impact his case and options!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2011
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
To be able to help him, at your age, is two-fold. One, I would want to know if anyone ever filed for him during his first years here (especially prior to April 30, 2001relates to the old amnesty law signed by President Ronald Reagan in 1986 and extended several times through 2001). If there has been such an earlier petition, I could help. But for your filing a petition for him, you must be a citizen aged 21 or older. You're 20, you're close. Second, you could, since he's been here that long, be a qualifying relative in going through the process of cancellation of removal. That goes before an immigration judge, but it is possible. If you want the help of a lawyer, please feel free to call or e-mail to set up an appointment for an in-person or phone consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: