How can I help my fiance obtain a permanent visa? 5 Answers as of June 07, 2011

If I am a permanent resident in the US and my fiance has a visitor's visa. How can I help him obtain a permanent visa? Thanks

The simple answer is for you to become a USC and marry him at that time. Good luck!
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
Once you are married he can apply to adjust status. He should avoid overstaying his visa by getting extensions or marrying and adjusting ASAP. It would be wise to consult with an immigration lawyer for a more in depth assessment of your situation.
At this point, you can't help in the short term. Once you are married, you can apply for an immigrant visa. Currently it will take several years before your wife can then obtain a green card based on your marriage. So in the meantime she needs to find her own way to be legally in the US- like a student visa or a work visa.
You can only petition for your fiance after you are married. If you are, then you can file for the permanent residence while in the US, without needing to leave. Please call me for details and a more specific timeline.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
You can file for him but it takes a number of years. Speak with an attorney. For a free consultation you may contact my office.