How can I help my ex-husband reenter the US after being deported? 3 Answers as of February 24, 2011

I've recently found out that my ex-husband has been deported last fall. he had gone back on his own after losing his case in court. Here's the situation: he had been arrested for a "morally turpitude" crime back in 1992. He had done his time, did his probation, and he has since then, stayed out of trouble and had changed his life. He's a good man. He just made one horrid mistake, but he's paid for it and he's been good ever since then. He's never been a burden to society and he worked really hard at his job. In 1999, when he and his brother had returned from Miami from a vacation, they were both picked up and after a few months of being detained and going to court, they were both let off with under the conditions that they were to report in every six months to make sure that they had stayed out of trouble. Then last year, they were detained upon their last check in. and were told that they were going to be deported and again, went through court (with inexperienced lawyers that had sought him out and used his case as test run) and when they lost, they were given the choice to leave on their own, or go by force. So they left on their own. He wants to come back. how can I help him come back? I've never dealt with this issue and neither one of us have any means to hire a lawyer PLUS pay for all the paperwork that we're told he needs to file. He's a good man, he learned his lesson years ago, he's paid for his mistakes, and he really misses his home, his family and his work. Can someone please help?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Would need to know details of crime, deportation (or voluntary departure), did he have a green card? Time in U.S., etc

If you would like a consultation on the facts of your specific case feel free to contact me as indicated below. I do charge for consultations but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for services after the consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/24/2011
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
A crime of moral terpitude is almost certain deportation. The best lawyer in America would have lost. Hire an experienced immigration lawyer to check the reentry options
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 2/22/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
If you can't hire a lawyer to help you, this case will be too complicated for you to take care of it on your own. This is not a situation where a simple 1-2-3 can solve everything. Sorry for what you are going through. If you need professional help, you are welcome to contact us.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: