How can I help my ex become legal in the US? 1 Answers as of May 31, 2011

My ex, which I’m still married to, and getting ready to divorce, is illegal in the US. We have a 5 year old son and she just a letter from the national visa center because her visa has been expired for 10 years. Now is there anything I can do to help her even thought she's with someone else and has a kid with this other person, which is also illegal in the US! I'm a US citizen and yes we did get married because of love not to just give her papers but we only stayed together for 3 months after we got married but we were together for 2 years before that!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Yes BUT you can only do this if she entered the US with a visa and you will not divorce her AND if you will stay in a marriage with her in good faith and in order to try and work out your differences. You cannot do it just to help her while she is really with someone else for all intents and purposes. You will be in a sham marriage and that is illegal. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/31/2011
Click to View More Answers: