How can I help my dad become a legal resident? 4 Answers as of May 19, 2011

How can I help my dad become legal? What do I have to do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
What is your status? If you are a U.S. citizen and your father entered legally you can petition for him. Contact us if you are seeking legal counsel. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. We offer payment plans with no interest.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/19/2011
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
Your question turns on many factors. If you are a US Citizen and over the age of 21, you can file a petition on his behalf. If he entered the United States lawfully, unless he entered on a specific visa such as a crew member or a J visa (in most circumstances), he will probably be able to file for an adjustment of status while in the country. I suggest you speak with an immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case and to determine what your options are.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/16/2011
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
If you are a U.S. citizen, you can begin now, by filing an I-130 petition for him.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/13/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
If you are a U.S. Citizen and over 21 years old, yes you can petition for your father for his green card.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: