How can I help my boyfriend come to the US? 7 Answers as of July 30, 2011

My boyfriend/fiance is in England. My divorce is not legal for several more months so I don't think a fiance visa will work for us. How can I help him come before my divorce is final? Can he come on a visitor's visa then apply for a work visa until we can marry?

He may come on a visa waiver program but is not allowed to stay more than 90 days nor he is allowed to work.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
Coming on a tourist visa or the visa waiver program with the intent to remain permanently will be considered immigration fraud by USCIS if they realize. This could lead to criminal charges and permanent bar from immigrating. The safest thing is to wait until your divorce is final and then apply for a fiance visa or spouse visa. However, you are going to have a heavy burden of proving the validity of the marriage. You should speak with a lawyer for help.
What you are thinking of is a visa fraud, that may lead to severe consequence. You can go to England and spend more time with him so that you will obtain more evidence of courtship. That will help your future fiance visa application.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
He can come under visa waiver program if he is a UK citizen but that will allow him to stay for 90 days only. If he has a B2 visa he can come to stay for up to 6 months. If then you can marry him, you may file visa petition and he can file I-485 to adjust his status from B2 to permanent resident.
you must have a final divorce decree in order to petition for him either under K-1 or K-3 visas; or deemed to be an impediment to marriage to him. If he comes over under a tourist visa and then later marry, could raise issues of preconceived intent. Better that he either wait for divorce to be final or come to the U.S. under an employment type visa.
    Tourist, Work or Student Visa.
    If your boyfriend is a U.K. citizen, then he would not likely have a B visa. Rather, he would enter as a visa waiver, and that status cannot be changed to any employment-based nonimmigrant visa. If you think he qualifies, have the US business petition for him now and get the correct visa issued to him to enter the US.