How can I have my whole record cleared for a fresh start? 9 Answers as of December 10, 2013

I would like to have my background completely erased for a fresh start in life. Nothing really violent just stupid. I'm 38 years old with 3 kids and background is hurting all of us.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
If you have more than one criminal conviction on your record this is probably not possible. There usually are no do overs in life.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 12/10/2013
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
It may be possible to expunge and seal your records. I suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/10/2013
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
New York does not allow expungment of a criminal record. Employers are entitled to know what crimes a person has committed before they hire them.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 12/10/2013
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
It depends what conviction(s) you have. You need to consult a lawyer regarding expungement.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/10/2013
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Petition the civil court to seal your record
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 12/6/2013
    The Rogers Law Firm
    The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
    In Missouri, only a few types of misdemeanor and felony convictions can be expunged. Consult an attorney to find out if the types of convictions you have are eligible for expungement. If you have misdemeanor convictions, you must have had a clean record for 10 years following the conviction. For felonies, you must have a clean record for 20 years following the conviction. If you want to try and file this yourself, without assistance of an attorney, you can find the form to file a petition for expungement online or at the courthouse. And if you have arrest records, they can only be expunged if you were arrested based on false information and no charges were filed.
    Answer Applies to: Missouri
    Replied: 12/6/2013
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
    You can do one of two things. Have the prior's set aside or get a pardon. A pardon will wipe out the charges, but it must be at least 10 years before.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 12/6/2013
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    You can seek to expunge your record. You can find the necessary forms online.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 12/6/2013
    Austin Legal Services, PLC
    Austin Legal Services, PLC | Jared Austin
    It depends on what you have on your record and how long it has been. If you have no more than one conviction of any kind on your record, provided that it is not a felony with a potential life offense or criminal sexual conduct in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd degree, you would be eligible to apply for an expungement if it has been at least five years since the date of your conviction or five years since your released from incarceration, whichever occurred last. You may be eligible to have a felony expunged if you have no more than two 90-day misdemeanors on your record that occurred before you turned 21. For a more thorough review of your eligibility, contact a Michigan expungement attorney to review your record and discuss the process towards getting your record expunged if you are eligible. Jared C. Austin, Esq.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 12/6/2013
Click to View More Answers: