How can I have my spouse's attorney submit the paperwork to the court to finalize a divorce? 6 Answers as of May 05, 2014

Mediation has been completed and all payments have been done.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Andrellos Mitchell
Law Office of Andrellos Mitchell | Andrellos Mitchell
You can just ask if you don't have a lawyer. You could also hire a lawyer to do it for you.
Answer Applies to: District of Columbia
Replied: 5/5/2014
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
If everything has been signed and you have a copy of the signed final documents you can take them to court. Otherwise, you can make a motion to compel submission of final documents or wait until the trial date at which point if the divorce is not final both of you will have to show up and you can tell it to the judge.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/30/2014
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
He needs to call the clerk for the Judge that the case is assigned to and ask for a date on the civil domestic calendar.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/30/2014
Fran Brochstein
Fran Brochstein | Fran Brochstein
Make sure the Mediated Settlement Agreement is on file at the courthouse. You can file it yourself. If the attorney won't finish the divorce for some reason, then you need to hire an attorney to do the paperwork. Depending on the county you live in, if the paperwork is not submitted by a certain date then your case will be dismissed. Then you would have to start over from scratch.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/30/2014
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Ask him to prepare it, let you review it and then ask him to submit it.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 4/30/2014
    Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
    Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
    File a Request for Hearing for Final Judgment of Dissolution with the Court. In your request, state that mediation is completed, all matters resolved and all documents are being held up by the attorney. That will force the attorney to file the papers.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 4/30/2014
Click to View More Answers: