How can I have my retail fraud 3rd degree conviction expunged from my record? 3 Answers as of August 28, 2014

Just after I turned 18, I got ticketed for a M.I.P. (alcohol) and later that year, for retail fraud 3rd degree. I was stupid and got a court appointed attorney and he recommended I plead guilty for a minor offense and just get it over with, so I did. Big mistake, as now I am 28 and I am finding it very difficult to get a solid job. I was wondering if there is any such way to get past this and get an expungement on the retail fraud or if I'm just screwed for the rest of my life because there is no grace period in that. It never goes away.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
You can move that the court expunge the conviction. Many steps must be taken and certain conditions having been met. It is not an easy.procedure due to all court rules. Highly suggest talking to an attorney to set it in motion for you.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/28/2014
Klisz Law Office, PLLC
Klisz Law Office, PLLC | Timothy J. Klisz
I think you might be eligible under the recent law change that provides exceptions for minor offenses that were committed under 21.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/26/2014
Austin Legal Services, PLC
Austin Legal Services, PLC | Jared Austin
It sounds like you qualify to have it removed. Contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area that regularly does expungements.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/25/2014
Click to View More Answers: