How can I handle my divorce proceedings? Posted on April 25, 2011

I have a divorce decree in one county in Mass. It covers support/custody of our minor son age 10. My ex filed a complaint for equitable relief in another county to be declared a nonparent and be relieved of his obligation (states he isn't the biological father). He tried this in the county where our divorce decree is by complaint for modification and the judge said no, it isn't in the best interest of the child. I am wondering if he should have filed the complaint for equitable relief with the court we are all ready established with. He is clearly judge shopping. My concern is he has a lawyer and I don't and he is listing the possible biological father as "john doe" because his identity is unknown to my ex husband. The complaint states me and"john doe" as codefendant's. How should I handle this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: