How can I go to court for a false DUI charge if I don’t have an attorney and no money to pay for the fees? 13 Answers as of November 13, 2012

I have a clean record. The police report is incorrect. I wasn't even driving at the time my car was broken down. I've never been in trouble in my life. I'm going through a divorce, a domestic violence situation and I don't have much money. I need help as soon as possible.

If you do not show up in court, you face a bench warrant. When you get to court request a court appointed attorney, and do what they tell you to do, since doing it your way is not working (i.e. DUI, domestic violence, no money, divorce).
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
You should apply for a public defender if you can't afford an attorney.
Ask the judge to appoint a public defender to represent you.
Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq.
Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq. | Jeffrey Lawrence Pollock
That is why Public Defenders exist; contact their office immediately.
When you appear in court, ask the judge to appoint a public defender to represent you. From what you say, it sounds like you should be acquitted after a trial, if truly, your vehicle was inoperable. Without knowing what the arresting officer has to say about it, I cannot say for certain you will win, but your lawyer will be able to peruse all the relevant evidence and give you a better idea of your chances.
    If someone saw you drive, it doesn't matter if the car was broken down. You can still be found guilty of actual physical control unless no one saw you drive and your car was incapable of being made to run and safely off the roadway. The best thing to do in that situation is walk away from the car and go home.
    Natty Shafer Law
    Natty Shafer Law | Nathaniel Shafer
    Ask the judge to appoint a lawyer for you. The judge will review your financial ability to pay, and likely approve your request.
    It sounds like you need an attorney to fight the charge. We can help but we don't work for free. Without looking at the fact/evidence it is hard to give a good answer to your questions.
    If you cannot afford an attorney and you qualify (based upon your income) for a public defender, the court will appoint you an attorney to represent you in these proceedings.
    Attorney at Law | Michael P. Vollandt
    Ask for a public defender. The Court will appoint one for you if you can not afford a lawyer.
    They will appoint you a lawyer. They will do this because you can go to jail on this charge.
    The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
    The judge will appoint an attorney to handle the case if you are indigent. If you were behind the wheel with the keys then you were "operating the vehicle". If you were outside the car and id not admit to driving then you may be able to win the trial. If you blew over a .02 BAC you can be convicted of DWAI in New York state. If it is over.17 you will probably be convicted of DWI as a misdemeanor.
    You can't. Without an attorney who knows what he is doing as far as DUI is concerned, you have no chance. DUI is one of the most specialized and complicated fields, with its own set of applicable civil and criminal laws. Unfortunately, in this country, you get what you pay for.