How can I go about taking away my husband's green card? 9 Answers as of July 16, 2012

My husband left me right after he got is permenent residence we have a son together but not even a month later that he got his green card he left with another women what can I do I feel like he just used me

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
There isn't much you can do to take away your husband's green card. I suggest that you contact an experienced family law attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your marriage. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze you case and advise you of your options. At the very least you should be eligible to receive child support and possibly spousal support from your husband.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/16/2012
Law Office of Ismail Mohammed | Ismail Mohammed
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Is he on a conditional greed card? Meaning, were you married for less than two years when he received his green card. If you can show immigration that he fraududently entered into the marriage just for his papers, he may have issues. You can also start divorce proceedings. Unfortunatley, it's up to immigration to determine whether he retains his green card or not.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 7/16/2012
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Unfortunately, you do not have the authority to take away his green card. Only the US government can do that. All you can do is withdraw your Affidavit of Support by writing to USCIS and telling them the reasons why, but even that will not do any good if the new woman vouches for him assuming that she is a USC. Sorry for how things turned out for you. Better luck next time.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/16/2012
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC | Brian David Lerner
It is unlikely unless you can show fraud.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/14/2012
Law Office of John Vandenberg
Law Office of John Vandenberg | John Vandenberg
That's very sad, I am sorry to hear that happened to you. If the marriage is dead, then you are free to seek a divorce. While I can sympathize that it would be sweet revenge for him to be deported, it's not a very good long-term plan for your son. Get a good family lawyer and make sure that he pays child support for your son. The 18 years he pays child support and makes sure your son is financially stable over the long term is of far greater value than to have him deported. Once he is deported there is little chance he'd pay child support, and no way to enforce any such order. I wish you the best of luck.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 7/13/2012
    Mayo Mallette PLLC
    Mayo Mallette PLLC | Thomas J. Rosser
    Contact the USCIS office where you processed for his lawful permanent resident status and most recent petition (I-751 Removal of Conditions on Residence) and explain the situation to the officer that approved your filings.
    Answer Applies to: Mississippi
    Replied: 7/13/2012
    Abigail Law Firm, PLLC | Meghan Abigail
    I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. You can report him to ICE if you wish, but it is up to ICE to decide whether or not to pursue him. If he had a conditional green card (the two-year card) then he is going to have to prove it was a good faith marriage again when it expires, and he will have to have either your signature or a final divorce decree. I hope you can move past this and wish you well.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 7/13/2012
    Law Office of Bijal Jani | Bijal Jani
    Your best bet would be contact the USCIS and alert them in writing to these facts as soon as possible. Hence, any future filings he may do, including renewals of permanent residency or citizenship, will be considered with your information by the USCIS.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 7/13/2012
    Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
    Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
    If you feel that your husband used you to obtain lawful permanent residence, you can email ICE by going to of call 1-866-DHS-2-ICE. However, please keep in mind that USCIS will not revoke an individual's green card merely, because the marriage has fallen apart. It must be established that he married you solely for the purposes of obtaining a benefit.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 7/13/2012
Click to View More Answers: