How can I give my 11 year old son citizenship? 11 Answers as of May 29, 2013

I'm a US citizen for naturalization, my son is a green card holder already. Can I give him citizenship now and how? Or does he have to wait till 18 and apply on his own?

Once you are naturalized, your child will automatically be naturalized and he will be able to get his own passport.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
This is a good question. Under Child Citizenship Act of 2000, a child can automatically become a US citizen if he has US citizen parents and he is admitted as a permanent resident status. However, the status of his other parent is also important. The law requires that both parents be US citizen, or if only one is a US citizen, that the child lives under his or her legal and physical custody. I would need to discuss the other parent's status before I can confirm whether the child can obtain citizenship. The child can also apply for citizenship on his own when he turns 18.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
Your son will derive automatic US citizenship as soon as you become a naturalized citizen. He can get proof of his citizenship by applying for a certificate of citizenship on form N-600 or applying for a US Passport on form DS-11.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
You may be able to confer US citizenship to your son by operation of law, but an in-depth consultation is necessary.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
In general your son will become a US citizen by operation of law once you were naturalized.
    Law Office of Bill Travis Klein
    Law Office of Bill Travis Klein | Bill T. Klein
    You can apply for a certificate of Citizenship for you son but more facts are needed to make sure he qualifies. Consult with an Immigration Attorney and the attorney can walk you through the process and make sure your son qualifies.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    You son automatically became US citizen when you were granted citizenship. He can apply for a naturalization certificate by filing Form N-600 or just apply for a US passport.
    Nachman Phulwani Zimovcak (NPZ) Law Group, P.C. | David Nachman
    Your query is about Citizenship. Your child will become a Citizen when and if you become a Citizen under the Child Citizenship Act of 2001.
    Nossa Law Office
    Nossa Law Office | Pablo H Nossa
    Once you become a citizen you can file an n600 for your child or apply for their US passport.
    If he is living with you, he is already a US citizen. Apply for a US passport and or N-600 with USCIS.
    Immigration Law Offices, LLP
    Immigration Law Offices, LLP | Fakhrudeen Hussain
    You can apply for US passport or a citizenship certificate for him.