How can I get visitation rights with my son? 3 Answers as of August 05, 2011

Me and my wife are in the middle of getting a divorce and right now she is denying me of anytime with my son, we currently have a restraining order and I am not able to verbally contact her to see my son so my brother has to for me but she wont allow me to see my son and I was wondering what are my rights legally as a parent during the divorce process on seeing my son?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Beresford Booth PLLC
Beresford Booth PLLC | S. Scott Burkhalter
You need to file a motion for temporary orders.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/5/2011
Law Office of Michael W. Bugni
Law Office of Michael W. Bugni | Jay W. Neff
You may or may not be able to get visitation with your son. Regardless, it is going to take a trip to court to get that visitation. What the court gives you will depend on the facts and circumstances of your particular case. he fact that there is, apparently, already a restraining order out there said to me that there may be circumstances that will cause the court to give you only limited time with your child. However, without knowing a great deal more about your case, it is impossible to say with any certainty what the court might do.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 7/22/2011
Seattle Divorce Services
Seattle Divorce Services | Michael V. Fancher
Under Washington law your rights are whatever the court decides they should be. You should bring a motion for a temporary parenting plan so the court can schedule your visitation with your son so your wife does not have control.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 7/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: