How can I get a visa for my father who voluntarily was deported? 5 Answers as of August 25, 2011

I would like to know what I can do to bring my aging father over for a visit, 17 years ago he was convicted of conspiracy and voluntarily left the states after his time served instead of being deported.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
There is a general non-immigrant visa waiver if his crime makes him inadmissible. You will have to explain the purpose of the trip and his equities.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/25/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
If you are over 21 years old and a U.S. citizen you could petition for him as an immediate relative and file with a waiver.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/12/2011
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
Unfortunately, you would need to provide additional information for us to be able to give you an opinion. Our office would need to know what he was convicted of, how long he was in the U.S., what status he had while in the U.S., etc. Your father may be able to obtain a non-immigrant visa to visit you, but it will depend upon the ties he can show to his native country as well as the conspiracy crime does not make him permanently inadmissible.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/12/2011, PC, PC | Scott D. Mills
Why just a Visa? It is likely that you can sponsor your father for full citizenship.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 8/11/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
He applies for the visitor visa. You should provide more details as to the immigration violations and criminal convictions underlying the voluntary departure to an experienced immigration attorney to determine if your father will require a Section 212(d)(3) waiver.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/12/2011
Click to View More Answers: