How can I get US citizenship? 5 Answers as of March 03, 2011

My mom is a green card holder and she is going to get a us citizen. Could I get a us citizenship if I am married?

Once your mom is a citizen she can petition for you, but as a married adult child of a citizen you are likely to have to wait many, many years (11 to 17 years or longer), for eligibility to apply later for the green card (adjustment of status for permanent legal residency).
Are you a permanent resident? Under 18?

I would be happy to consult with you on your case. I do charge for consultations but whatever is paid for the consultation would be a credit toward the fees for your case if you retain us for further work after the consult. The consultation can be scheduled as indicated below by contacting my secretary, Janet, by phone or at janet@feldmanfeldman.com.
Law Office of Donna Nanan, PL
Law Office of Donna Nanan, PL | Donna Nanan
Yes, family based petitions work for married children as well as unmarried children but the wait time is longer. Do hire an attorney to handle this matter. My contact info is available on the LawQA website.
Yes you may get a green card. However, it depends on if you are legal or illegal.
If you are under 21yrs and unmarried when your mom becomes a citizen then you she can file for you as an immediate relative. If you are over 21yrs then you fall into one of the preference categories and would have to wait until your visa number is current before adjusting your status. If you marry a U.S. citizen I would need to know your manner of entry before giving you legal advice. You can contact me for a free consultation.