How can I get these stocks into my name and what documentation do I need? 1 Answers as of December 09, 2014

My father passed in 2008. He had a share on the company he worked for. I would like to collect the money for these, but I don't know what documents I could use to prove I am the rightful person.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard J. Keyes Attorney at Law | Richard J. Keyes
In Missouri, you would have to go through probate court. If the amount is less than $40,000, you can do a small estate affidavit. If the stocks are greater than $40,000, you need to do a petition to determine heirs. You need to hire an attorney in both instances.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 12/9/2014
Click to View More Answers: