How can I get these charges moved to a local court? 1 Answers as of August 04, 2011

I am working with a client who has a warrant in Rochester new York for shoplifting. She wasnt to move ahead with her life and take care of it so that she can get employment. She has no means to get back to New York state, is there a way for her to have these charges moved to Maine to a local court to be resolved?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Neal L. Weinstein
Law Office of Neal L. Weinstein | Neal L. Weinstein
NO. She must contact the District Attorney and the Court in NY, and plead by mail. IN other words, if the charge is small enough, she may be able to simply send a letter and admit guilt. Otherwise, she should contact the public defender's office where the Court is located and ask them for assistance.
Answer Applies to: Maine
Replied: 8/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: