How can I get a tenant without a lease to move out? 8 Answers as of July 10, 2013

I have a tenant living without a lease in my apartment. What do I need to do if I need him to move?

Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
You need to commence an eviction proceeding, and we can represent you.
Your question is very open ended. There are a lot of things you can do. You can ask the tenant to move. You can pay the tenant to move. You can terminate the tenant's lease and then bring an eviction proceeding. You may have other options depending on the exact circumstances.
Frances R. Johnson
Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
Your options may vary depending upon how long the tenant has been residing on your property and the laws of the state where you reside. I urge you to consult an attorney where you live to find out your options.
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
Serve him with 30 day notice of termination of month to month tenancy. If he does not move, file a lawsuit to evict him.
The Coyle Law Office
The Coyle Law Office | T. Andrew Coyle
This is determined by your state's laws. In Illinois, you would need to serve the tenant with a notice stating that you no longer wish for them to reside in the apartment and you demand they leave. If they do not leave, you would need to file an eviction action in your county courthouse.
    First you need to serve a 30 notice to terminate the tenancy. After the 30 days have elapsed and if the tenant has not moved out, then you need to file a summons and complaint to terminate the tenancy and have the tenant served with those papers. Then you go in front of a Judge to get a judgment of possession.