How can I get sponsored for citizenship if I am already living in the US? 4 Answers as of July 15, 2011

I have been here for about 12 years now is there any way that my friends mom can sponsor me into getting my citizenship in any kind of way? I have been living here without anything and I have been trying to do something about it.

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
If you are in the U.S. without status there are very few manners to regularize. If you entered legally and you marry a U.S. citizen that will lead to residence. If you filed a petition or were the beneficiary of a petition filed before April 30, 2001, you might be able to regularize. Otherwise you may have to wait for a change in the law. I would suggest telling every permanent resident or U.S. citizen to contact their Congressman and Senator to tell them to support humane immigration reform. The laws are too mean spirited right now.
I would need a lot more information to determine eligibility. If your mother is a USC or a green card holder, then she can sponsor you. But we would need to look at your own information to determine if you are eligible for the benefit!
No your friends mom cannot sponsor you. Either a spouse/child 21 or over/parent - all must be U.S. citizens (spouse can be LPR); or sibling. Different rules apply depending on the above relationships.
If you are illegal, no matter how long you have been here, you are still illegal. Your friend's mom is not your Mom, thus she can't sponsor you. You have to think harder. You would be better off talking to a lawyer and you are welcome to contact our firm. Good luck!