How can I get specs for a provisional patent application? 5 Answers as of August 13, 2011

Drawings for provisional patent have been completed but specs need to be written. Also need someone to review Provisional Application Cover Sheet.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Intellectual Property Center, LLC
Intellectual Property Center, LLC | Ak Shaf
I would suggest your hire an attorney to assist you or contact the USPTO. Good Luck
Answer Applies to: Kansas
Replied: 8/13/2011
The Law Offices of Mark Trenner
The Law Offices of Mark Trenner | Mark Trenner
This is exactly what patent attorneys do. In addition, a patent attorney can file the provisional patent application with the US Patent Office, assist with filing a regular patent application claiming priority to the provisional patent application, provide a non-disclosure agreement, and help negotiate a license for the invention, just to name a few of the services patent attorneys offer.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 7/16/2011
DANIEL NESBITT | Hasse & Nesbitt
You should hire a professional patent attorney or patent agent, and make sure that your description and the completed figures themselves comply with all requirements of the patent law.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 7/16/2011
Young Basile
Young Basile | Denise Glassmeyer
The specification section of a patent is individually tailored to the particular invention. I recommend retaining a patent attorney or agent to prepare these documents for you.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/16/2011
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You need to retain a patent attorney or at least a qualified patent agent. Do not try to do this yourself-you will be making a big mistake unless you retain counsel.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/16/2011
Click to View More Answers: