How can I get someone out of a hostile family environment? Posted on April 18, 2011

I have a friend who is 15 years old and her father is verbally abusive, I'm not sure if he hits her but I know he spits on her and the way he talks to her is repulsive. I am under the impression a minor must be 16 in the state of Arizona to become emancipated, however since the process takes about a year would she be able to start the process now so she can move out when she is 16? If not are there any alternatives? I doubt her father would give up custody but my parents would be willing to adopt her. PS her mother passed away years ago so that's not an option

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: