How can I get sole custody of my niece? 1 Answers as of July 20, 2011

I have coustody of my niece. She was put in my care about 9 months ago. She was taken away from her parents because they were addicted to pills and were not taking care of my niece. The social worker said a year from when she was taken the judge would start looking at where to permintly place the child. My sister thinks next month she will be getting my niece back but she hasn't passes any drug tests, weed shows up in every test. But my sister swares she's been clean for 8 months. My sister has supervised visits with my niece. My question is will the judge give my niece back to her mom right away or does she have to have unsupervised visits first to see how she does? And is there anything I can do so that I can keep my niece?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
Sister must comply with dcf plan, reunion is always goal if plan gets completed. Visitation begin supervised, then changes to unsupervised. Custody is difficult to get unless sister never gets better.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: