How can I get sole custody of her if the dad hasn’t seen her since she was 7 months old? 1 Answers as of September 24, 2017

My daughter will be 10 in August. It will be 5 years that we have been living in another state. When she was 7 months, he disappeared, haven't talked to him seen him since or seen him. He knows where my family resides so even if he didn't have my up to date number or address, he can always go there to my family’s house to get my info. Anyways, it's going to be 10 years and still not a word from him. I have no way of contacting the dad not even sure of where he lives he can be back in Mexico for all I know he was a resident.

The safest approach would be to set a hearing asking for sole legal and physical custody and get leave from the court to do notice to your ex by publication. Notice by publication requires you exercising due diligence in trying to find him and have the court affirm you've done your best so the court would permit you to publish notice of your hearing in newspapers where your ex last lived.