How can I get physical custody of my daughter? 2 Answers as of August 09, 2011

I recently filed physical custody for my daughter and Im awaiting the court date. The reason why I filed is because I want my daughter in a safe stable home, coming home and sleeping in the same bedroom. My daughters father is on gang terms, with a strike and has been in jail for possession of an uncontrolled substance and possession of gun. He owes child support therefore, im not receiving anything since he isnt working, and im on welfare. He hasn't been really been around until now..is it possible for me to get physical custody of my daughter? What about full custody?

Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C.
Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C. | Paul A. Eads
Yes, you will likely get full physical custody of your child based on the fact pattern you have provided. The over-riding concern is what is in the child's best interest. Unless your past is equally tarnished you should do well.
Under the circumstances that the father is incarcerated and actively involved in gangs, you should ask for sole legal and physical custody.