How can I get physical custody of my daughter? Posted on February 10, 2011

My ex-boyfriend and I have a three year old daughter together. A year ago my ex received custody because they thought I didn't have family support, since none of my family members appeared at court. The reason they didn't come was actually because I was told that no body could be in the court room. The second time we went to court I wasn't able to make it because we had a fire at our home, but I wrote the judge a letter in my place, and that was denied. Now my ex has full custody and I get her on every other weekend. I want to get custody back. My ex does not take care of her, she always stays at her grandmother's house and is never actually with her father. I am married, my husband was in the room when my daughter was born while her biological father was not. My husband and I also have two other children, a 6 year old and an 8 month old, who we have full custody of. We think that my 3 year old would have a much happier life living with her brothers and sisters, as well as her mom and stepdad, than being with her grandmother. I work full time, was married a year ago, and just want to have my family back together. What do I need to get custody back, and how good of a chance do I have?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: