How can i get the permanet resident is my sponsor is not working? 6 Answers as of July 15, 2011

I am an international student and my boyfriend is US citizen. We are getting married but he is not working now. What can i do to apply for the permanent resident?

Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
Yes, your boy friend can sponsor you for a green card if you get married. You will need a co-sponsor to sign an affidavit of support if he does not have sufficient income at the time of filing but you definitely can apply through him.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
You can use a co-sponsor who makes enough income. The co-sponsor must be a permanent resident or US citizen.
If your US citizen husband is unemployed, you will need a joint sponsor to file a separate affidavit of support.
Law Offices of Iman Abouelazm, P.A.
Law Offices of Iman Abouelazm, P.A. | Iman I. Abouelazm
Regarding the Affidavit of Support, if your boyfriend is not able to fulfill the requirements of the Affidavit of Support, you may seek a co-sponsor or a joint sponsor. ** This is a general answer to your question. It is best to consult with an attorney about your specific situation and goals for the most accurate and reliable legal advice. Good Luck!"
He can apply for you using a joint financial sponsor.