How can I get permanent residency? 3 Answers as of July 15, 2011

They brought me to the U.S when I was 12 years old. I am 25 now can I get my residency through her she is a U.S citizen and my sisters and brother too.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
It depends on how you entered the US - with what visa, etc. It also depends on who is sponsoring you - your spouse, your parents, or your siblings. The process differs a lot with each situation.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 7/15/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
Your information is not clear. How did you enter the US, with your own visa? What is the immigration status and your relationship of the "her" that would be petitioning for you?
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/15/2011
Law Offices of Iman Abouelazm, P.A.
Law Offices of Iman Abouelazm, P.A. | Iman I. Abouelazm
There are a few options available to you to obtain permanent residence. I'm not sure who "she" is who you refer to as a US citizen. However, if this is your mother, depending on when your mother became a US citizen and permanent resident, you may have a way to be a permanent resident rather quickly. Your mother, father, brother or sister may petition for you, however you will have to wait for a visa number which may take several years. You may obtain permanent residency through marriage to a US citizen. There are other options and means to obtain permanent residency. You should really discuss your situation with an attorney because your situation depends on age, timeline, and various factors. ** This is a general answer to your question. It is best to consult with an attorney about your specific situation and goals for the most accurate and reliable legal advice. Good Luck!"
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: