How can I get a no contact order lifted? 1 Answers as of June 20, 2011

I have a no contact order on me that my boyfriend never put on me. The judge refuses to take it off but I am pregnant and by the time I get off of probation my child will be almost 2 years old. The judge refuses to take it off. Should I hire a lawyer for help? The judge said come back in 6 months and he might lift it. I do not get this, my boyfriend never asked to put it on me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Your boyfriend should be the one to talk with the judge about lifting the no contact order. He can hire a lawyer to help him or he can call the judge's office, get an appointment, and meet with the judge to discuss his desires to have the no-contact order lifted - if that is what he wants to do. Be aware that the no contact order does not prevent him from having contact with his child. It only keeps you from having contact with him as a condition of your probation. If you do have contact with him, your probation could be revoked.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: