How can I get my wifes legal papers so she can work in the US? 7 Answers as of August 10, 2011

How do I go bout getting my wife residence papers or a visa to stay in the usa or be able to work?

It depends on if you are a US citizen and if your wife is in the US or outside. Send me a detail email and I will respond, rezaathari@atharilaw.com .
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
You need to determine if your wife is eligible to apply for permanent residence at all. The first requirement is that she have a legal entry into the U.S. If she doesnt, you may be out of luck unless she has something called 245i. If that fails, she may be eligible for something called cancellation of removal but that is an application that is filed while in deportation proceedings. Either way, you will want to talk about it with an experienced immigration attorney before going forward.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
That depends on your immigration status and where your wife currently lives.
it depends on how your wife entered the U.S.
It depends on a lot of factors. Your immigration status, her immigration status. your relationship development process, etc. Bottom line is you apply for immigrant visa first and then consider adjust status. It is recommended that you hire an attorney to help you with this case.
    Yoo & Lee, LLP
    Yoo & Lee, LLP | Winston W. Lee
    Depend on your wife's situation and background. We would need to talk to your wife to find out exactly what we can do to help her out.
    Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
    Step one is to file a petition for her. However, we need to figure out if she is eligible to adjust status or whether she will have to consular process.