How can I get my wife to stop disturbing me during our divorce? 8 Answers as of April 07, 2011

My wife recently moved out and requested a divorce. She threatened for me to file divorce papers and provide her $75,000 for part of the house or she would make trouble at my work. I am agreeable to the divorce. However based on our debts and equity of the house the value would be about $20,000. This does not include splitting IRS and other debt. My question is how can I stop her from disturbing me at work until I work out a settlement?

Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law | Edwin Fahlen
There are two ways to stop the disturbance. One is a Family Law restraining order, the other is a Workplace Violence Restraining Order. Depending on the exact facts, a decision will be made which type is most likely to succeed. Either way, the harassment can be stopped, with competent legal counsel.
You can apply for a restraining order (see more info here: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/protection/dv/restraining.htm)
Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
Get a court Order (restraining Order) keeping her away from your work. This is not an easy order to get, but it is possible. Otherwise, just push the case to its conclusion as fast as you can. I suggest you hire an attorney to do this.
Law Office of John C. Volz
Law Office of John C. Volz | John C. Volz
If you retain an attorney, you can request that all communications go through your attorney.
Pisarra and Grist
Pisarra and Grist | David T. Pisarra
You are eligible for a Domestic Violence Restraining order to stop her harassing you. Also you can read my books, A MAN'S GUIDE TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, A MAN'S GUIDE TO CHILD CUSTODY and A MAN'S GUIDE TO DIVORCE STRATEGY, all three are available as an E-Book on my website. Good luck and protect yourself.