How can I get my traffic accident expunged in Michigan? 2 Answers as of June 09, 2011

I was driving a truck in Oct. 2010, became ill, and blacked-out and caused a terrible accident. There are some states that expunge traffic accidents, but Michigan is not one of them as far as I know. I was told in order to get your record expunged, you would have to get the state legislature to create the right to have your record cleared by statute. What does this mean and what chance does the average citizen have? If a criminal has a chance to get his record expunged, should not everyone has this chance?

Traffic matters are not subject to expungement in Michigan. Until the law changes, there is nothing you can do I hope that this was helpful.
Unfortunately you have heard correctly. Traffic crimes are not able to be expunged under current law.