How can I get my status back after being terminated by a school? 8 Answers as of January 31, 2014

I have been terminated by a school. Now I need help to get my status back. It was just 10 days ago.

Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
You need to speak with your school's DSO (Designated School Official, the person who issued you the Form I-20), and you must do it immediately - any reinstatement in your school or transfer to another school has to be done within 15 days from your termination. You might have heard that you have 60-days grace period; it does not apply if you have not completed the course of study in which you were enrolled. If you do not take care of your status within 15 days from your termination you will have to leave the U.S.
Walker & Ungo Law Firm
Walker & Ungo Law Firm | Gabriela Ungo
You would need to request reinstatement of your F-1 status by our Designated School Official (DSO)
You will need to seek reinstatement if eligible. You need to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. You should also speak with your school's DSO.
Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
More details are needed before it is possible to determine whether you are eligible for any immigration benefit. I suggest you see an experienced immigration attorney immediately or leave the country before you incur unlawful status which will cause you problems in qualifying for any immigration benefit in the future.
I will need more details to answer your question.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    You must file an application for reinstatement of your student status, Form I-539, plus supporting documentation with USCIS. You may contact the designated school official for assistance or an immigration attorney if the school does not have experience in the matter.
    Alena Shautsova
    Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
    Speak with your DSO. Also, you might want to consult with an attorney prior to that meeting.
    Cavaleri & De Marco LLP | Jorma Cavaleri
    If you are referring to an F-1 visa, you'll need to file an I-539 to change your status. First, though, you'll need to find and be admitted to a new institution.