How can I get my son to live with me in the US? 5 Answers as of August 19, 2011

My son received voluntary departure in 2005. He has been in Egypt ever since. I would like to bring him to the United States to live with me. What are the necessary steps I need to take/ forms I need to fill out?

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
If your son was in the U.S. illegally for over a year he will need a waiver to return. That is based on whether you would suffer extreme hardship in his absence. Otherwise he must wait for 10 years.
The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu
The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu | Mengjun Qiu
If you're a citizen or resident, ask for a no objection waiver for your son and petition him as a relative.
It depends on your status and his age. If you are a permanent resident and he is not married you may file a petition for him and wait for the priority date to become current. If you are a US citizen it does not matter if he is married. He may need a waiver depending on his length of stay in the US or criminal history if any.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
It depends on why he took Voluntary departure, what his immigration status was when he was previously here among other things. More info is needed to properly answer the question.
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
Step one is to file a family petition on form I-130. Contact an immigration lawyer for the detailed steps and eligibility issues.