How can I get my record wiped when I turn 18? 5 Answers as of August 01, 2013

I am being charged with petty theft, misdemeanor. I stole a $35 dollar jacket with the tag price off, it was the first time I got caught, but I admitted that I have shoplifted before.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
If you are 17, you are an adult.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/1/2013
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
In Michigan at 17 you get an adult record. You need to get a lawyer and see if something can be worked out so you have no criminal record. A criminal record is forever. What employer wants to hire a thief.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/31/2013
ROBERT HAMBRICK Clearwater Criminal Defense Attorney
ROBERT HAMBRICK Clearwater Criminal Defense Attorney | ROBERT HAMBRICK
If it happened while you were a juvenile in the State of Florida, then the juvenile record should not be able to be opened except by law enforcement nor should the juvenile judgment and sentence be used against you in the future. Once you become an adult you can check the FDLE website where in detail you can find how to have a charge sealed or expunged.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/29/2013
Law Office of John G. Galasso | John George Galasso
In Ohio, your juvenile record is not accessible to anyone except police and prosecutors; You can have it sealed 2 years after your conviction date or 2 years after your probation is terminated.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 7/27/2013
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
I don't know how old you are, but if you are 17, you are an adult in the eyes of the law. If you are truly under-age, there may be a way to seal your juvenile criminal record later, depending on which state this occurred in. But if you are 17 or older and you were charged as an adult, then there is no way to seal your record or expunge a conviction for petty theft from your criminal record. Hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you. Your attorney can work out a deal with the prosecutor to keep this off your record.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 7/27/2013
Click to View More Answers: