How can I get my monies back without spending extra money? Posted on July 20, 2011

I paid a business $3,500 to restore my classic car. Although we made a contractual agreement in 2008, the project was set to be complete in July 2011. Upon checking on the status of my car this month, I have discovered that no work has been done on my car, and the business has refused to refund my money. I went to the North Carolina small claims courts on July 19, 2011 to file a complaint and was told by the magistrate that I should seek an attorney. In trying to inquire with an attorney, they requested an appointment and a consultation fee. I am trying to get (at the very least) my money back without it costing me more money. What is the best legal way to proceed in getting all of my monies back without having to spend extra money to do so? What is the appropriate category for the legal advice that I need? Please advise.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: