How can I get my license back after being confiscated by the police? 6 Answers as of March 04, 2014

I was sitting in my car when an officer said get out and said my car fit the description of a car for reckless driving. I had alcohol on my breath, locked me up and took my commercial drivers license. What can I do?

Did they charge you? If not then ask for the license back.
Retain a license.
Law Office of Paul Carmouche | Paul J Carmouche
Were you charged with DUI. If not why did he take your license. If you are in Louisiana you have a limited number of days to file with the DMV to try to get your license back. You should have a notice of a court date on whatever you are charged with, so I suggest that you take all the info that you have about your arrest to a lawyer that handles DUI cases.
You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
The stakes are high in your case, you will need a lawyer to help defend your case and try to keep your commercial license from being suspended for one year (assuming this is a first offense, lifetime suspension if it's a second offense or more).
    Natty Shafer Law
    Natty Shafer Law | Nathaniel Shafer
    Hire a lawyer immediately. Your livelihood is on the line. You don't need me to tell you that without your commercial driver's license, you will have a hard time working. There are too many pitfalls with trying to fight a DUI on your own to leave your livelihood to chance.