How can I get my immigration deportation documents? 4 Answers as of May 03, 2011

My father-in-law had a hearing, and they asked him for the deportation documents. Where can I get a copy?

You will need to do a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) Request on form G-639 and ask for your file that way. Good luck!
Devore Law Group, P.A.
Devore Law Group, P.A. | Jeffrey A. Devore
Federal law provides that Immigration records are private and cannot be accessed by a third party. However, your father in-law can request a copy of his USCIS and Immigration Court files via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
From the Clerk of the Immigration Court that issued your order of deportation. Write to them to request them.
Your father can submit a request to review his court file at the immigration court where his case was held. He can also file a Freedom of Information Act request with the DHS to get a copy of their file on him. This is different than the immigration court file.