How can I get my immigration deportation documents? 4 Answers as of May 03, 2011

My father-in-law had a hearing, and they asked him for the deportation documents. Where can I get a copy?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You will need to do a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) Request on form G-639 and ask for your file that way. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/3/2011
Devore Law Group, P.A.
Devore Law Group, P.A. | Jeffrey A. Devore
Federal law provides that Immigration records are private and cannot be accessed by a third party. However, your father in-law can request a copy of his USCIS and Immigration Court files via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/28/2011
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
From the Clerk of the Immigration Court that issued your order of deportation. Write to them to request them.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/28/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Your father can submit a request to review his court file at the immigration court where his case was held. He can also file a Freedom of Information Act request with the DHS to get a copy of their file on him. This is different than the immigration court file.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: