How can I get my husbands criminal charges dropped? 3 Answers as of August 03, 2011

My husband was arrested May 10, 2011 after an incident between the 2 of us. Long story short, we both acted inappropriate in front of his 7 y/o son, but after he called my mom, who then called my cousin, an officer, he went to jail the next day. My police officer cousin, however, had a deputy dispatched to his house after I arrived "just to talk" to him. I wasn't aware they would soon be arresting my husband. The officer, I feel, abused his policing knowledge, and manipulated my story to have someone, he cares little for, arrested. The arresting officer didn't even take pictures, which are also questionable, my off duty cousin took them. My husband and I still can't talk or see each other until August 31! We are married and I have tried and tried to have these charges dropped, even the special conditions bond! They have refused. I am not a battered wife and am not scared of my husband. Also, the police report stated that I initiated the 911 call. I did no such thing, it was my cousin. The brilliant arresting officer also referred to me with the wrong name, in his written report. The whole thing has been heart breaking and a true nightmare. Please tell me how we can get these charges thrown out!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Harrison & Harrison
Harrison & Harrison | Samuel Harrison
Stop talking to the police. They don't believe you and have probably sent the paperwork to the prosecutor, anyway. You have the right to refuse to testify against your husband. You need to let the prosecutor know that you are going to exercise that privilege and will not testify against him. The state may try to prove the case with out you (difficult but not impossible if your husband told them too much), so your husband should hire an attorney to represent him soon.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/3/2011
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Retain an experienced attorney, who can work to get the charges dropped. I suggest that you retain me
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/2/2011
Goolsby Law Office
Goolsby Law Office | Richard Goolsby
. We recommend that he retain a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to discuss with him all his rights and options. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: