How can I get my gun rights restored? 1 Answers as of March 13, 2011

I went to purchase a handgun and my NICS check came back as proceed with sale my local police department denied it. I call and they said I had a felony in 1991 (I was 13-14 years old) I got a malicious mischief which come to find out was a class c felony because of dollar amount. I have never had an issue with this I'm a hunter and have gotten my license without issue and have purchased rifles in past. All these years I thought it was a misdemeanor and my record was sealed. My police department informed me to fill out a packet and get my state gun rights restored. Is this something I need a lawyer or can a person do this himself with success?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Andersen Law PLLC
Andersen Law PLLC | Craig Andersen
If you are patient and don't mind any footwork, you can struggle through it. If not, I would be happy to do it for you. What I would need is $2,500 to be paid as a flat fee plus $230 to cover the filing fee with the court. Having helped several people, I get things done quickly.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: