How can I get my garnishment suspended until it can be resolved? Posted on August 03, 2011

The State of Georgia has been garnishing part of my wages for four months on their claim that I did not pay withholding for 1996 & 1999. I have shown them evidence that the taxes were deducted from my payroll check by my employer and deposited with the state. The state has now filed in Cobb County for Continuing Garnishment. I am trying to avoid foreclosure on my home and do not wish to file bankruptcy. What is the quickest or best way to get the garnishment suspended until it can be resolved? Can I file an answer to their summons and counter sue for an injunction on the garnishment?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: