How can I get my Filipino girlfriend to the United States? 4 Answers as of September 29, 2010

I am a US citizen with bad credit. I want to get my girlfriend into the US from Philippines? Am I still able to apply for a fiancee visa without a co-sponsor?

The short answer is yes. It is not so much the credit issue that matters, but the ability to qualify with a financial income of more than 125% of the poverty line, which for a couple is about $22,000 per year. To qualify as a fiancee, you need to have been with her at least once in the last two years, for at least two weeks. If you want to discuss the process of getting that started, please feel free to contact me by either phone or e-mail, at the number or e-mail given below. I look forward to working with you and your fiancee.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You will need a joint sponsor if you are currently not working. It does not have anything to do with bad credit. If you are working and you filed tax return in 2009, then you do not need a joint sponsor if your income exceeds $25000. You will still be able to bring your girlfriend from the Philippines. We offer affordable immigration lawyer service, please contact my office if you are interested.
Your credit is not really at issue. To sponsor her as a fiancee and later to be her sponsor for the green card process, your income has to be sufficient to be a sponsor or you have to qualify on the basis of your assets. If neither is sufficient, then you would need a co-sponsor. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
V U.S.A. Law Offices
V U.S.A. Law Offices | Michael Vu
You do not have to have good credit to bring a fiance(e) to the United States. You have to have sufficient income, generally 125% above the property guideline for the current year. If you are not financially able to sponsor her, then you need a co-sponsor. Without this person, your fiancee would not be able to get a visa to come to the US.