How can I get my DUI fines reduced in exchange for community service? 9 Answers as of April 18, 2014

I was charged with a DUI and my fines are set in place. I am making payments but is there a chance of getting the fines reduced more in exchange for community service hours?

If you are talking about the mandatory minimum fines, there is little chance of converting those to community service.
Yes, it is possible. Have your attorney address the issue with the court to convert fines into community service.
Randy Ligh | Randy Ligh
The Judge who sentenced you would have to modify his sentence to all for this to happen. If you were represented by an attorney, then contact your attorney and ask about this possibility. On the other hand, if you were not represented by an attorney, then call the Judge's office, ask to speak to the Judge's law clerk and tell what you are requesting and and ask to to accomplish this.
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC | Thomas A. Medford, Jr.
If you are represented by an attorney you need to direct your question to that person. If you are not represented by an attorney you may wish to consult an attorney who has expedience representing persons charged with DUI about your question.
Answer Applies to: District of Columbia
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
You can go to court and get the fines converted to community labor $30 (not counting penalty assessments) = 1 day. There are some $200-300 in fees that you can't convert.