How can I get my deposit back from a business that files for bankruptcy? Posted on July 20, 2011

I have a $2,000 deposit and a binding contract with a local restaurant for their catering service of my wedding in April. The owner of the franchise restaurant file for bankruptcy a month or two later and only 4 months before our wedding. We were not notify by the owner or her attorney of the restaurant closer. I found out about the closure via a friend. My question is how do I recover my deposit and close out my contract with this person? This whole ordeal is putting allot of stress on us as we have to moved our wedding date, find another restaurant, re-do our invitation, change our church arrangement, etc. Apparently we weren't the only one with this problem and the owner was clearly in the red when she took our money. I would like to know what my legal options are as well just in case actions need to be taken.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: