How can I get my daughter to immigrate to the US as a green card holder? 2 Answers as of June 20, 2011

I'm a derivative of my father and now I'm a green card holder. I want to get my 2 year old daughter her as soon as possible. How can I get her?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
You most certainly file a following-to-join petition for your child. Just file an I-824 Request for Action, notifying them that you have a qualifying child for follow-to-join, and ask them to notify the U.S. embassy or consulate nearest them of their intent to apply, and they will be able to so apply for permanent residency. If you need further assistance in this area, by all means call or e-mail to set up a phone consultation to get started. Best to you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/20/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
If you are a U.S. citizen you can petition for your daughter and the process will take approx. 6 months. As a green card holder, your daughter for immigration purposes is not considered to be an immediate relative and thus would fall into the 2nd preference category which has a wait period of at least 3 years.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: