How can I get my children back? 1 Answers as of June 28, 2011

I sent my daughter with my dad eleven years ago and have had limited visitation with her since I sent her with him. He was given legal custody of my daughter two months after he got her in his household. About a year and a half later, my dad was given temporary custody of my son who he purposely got taken out of his household by moving without notifying children services that he was moving. My daughter was left with my dad and my son was placed in a foster home, leaving my daughter in my dad's home. How can I take back custody of my children?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
The answer I'm sure you do not want to hear is: I'm not sure you can. Your father has been the residential and custodial guardian of your daughter for eleven years. Absent some significant crime or pending incarceration, I suspect courts would rule that staying with your father would be in the best interest of the child. I do not know the situation your son is in. If he has not been adopted or placed in a permanent custody situation, you may have a chance at repatriating him. You need good legal advice soon. Please seek out a family law practitioner near you.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 6/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: