How can I get my car title back after filing chapter 7? 7 Answers as of August 17, 2015

How can I get my car title back after filing chapter 7, this was 2011 when I filed and a creditor that I have a car title loan with?

Without knowing more, it appears that you have to pay the loan in full to get the title back.
This question sounds a bit old; If this happened 4 years ago, a lot of papers and memories can get lost. There's not enough information to respond effectively. Did you surrender the car to the creditor? If you have paid the creditor in full, then he must return the title to you. Many states require the releasing of a secured claim upon payment, with a (small) penalty for the creditor who fails to do so. You might try your state's department of consumer protection (these go under different names in different places), or the state department which licenses car dealers (usually an office within the Department of Transportation). Good Luck.
You can reopen the case and ask the court for a court order giving you title.
If your car was repossessed before you filed Chapter 7, there is no way I know for you to get it back without paying the current owner whatever they want to sell it. b
If you signed over the title then they are a lien holder.
    Unless you paid off the car, the creditor isn't required to release the title to you. You can negotiate with the creditor to get the title (you'll probably have to pay something) or you could sue them for the title and hope that they don't spend the money to hire a lawyer and defend it.
    Eranthe Law Firm
    Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
    Did you pay off the loan? The lender should give you title when it's paid. If you didn't pay they are entitled to get the car back.