How can I get medical records for a custody battle without an attorney? 2 Answers as of June 23, 2015

My ex husband is a paranoid schizophrenic and he is trying to get custody of our son. How can I get his medical records without a lawyer?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Petit & Dommershausen SC
Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
Unless he will sign a release and give them to you, you can't unless a court orders it.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/23/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
It's not easy. Assuming that you live in Wisconsin, you can file a motion with the court, supported by an affidavit, And if possible some further documentation, it's too cold for the records and for the judge to review them in private, and then release to you the parts of the record that the judge deems relevant.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/23/2015
Click to View More Answers: