How can I get a loan modification? 1 Answers as of July 29, 2011

My husband passed away in 2010. I have been trying to get a mortgage loan modification. The problem is I am not on the loan but I am on the deed.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Offices of Mark Wm. Hofgard, Esq.
The Law Offices of Mark Wm. Hofgard, Esq. | Mark Hofgard
You need to consult an attorney immediately. The form of the deed (joint tenancy or tenant in common), whether there is a will or trust, and whether you have opened probate on your husband's estate are at issue. There are also issues as to the extent to which the creditor may pursue collection on the promissory note and enforce the deed of trust. Start by filing the Certificate of Death with the Clerk & Recorder of your county, but definitely contact an attorney for assistance.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 7/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: