How can I get a license if I have 2 DUI’s in another state? 1 Answers as of March 06, 2014

I currently live in New York City. My license is suspended in Massachusetts due to a DUI in Massachusetts in 1999 and one in Vermont in 2004. I plan on living in NYC for a few more years, how can I get my license here, if I need to get an interlock for 2 years?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
Driving is a privilege and not a right. Therefore states can set whatever regulations and restrictions on who can and can't drive. It is certainly possible that New York will not grant you a license to drive here. I would start by going to a local New York Department of Vehicle Office and speak to someone there. The interlock program requirement will apply regardless of what state you are in.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 3/6/2014
Click to View More Answers: